- 28 May 2021
- 1 Minute to read
Phase IV - Test & Deploy
- Updated on 28 May 2021
- 1 Minute to read
The fourth phase is the most important phase of the implementation plan which involves testing the App on various devices and setting it up for deployment. This phase is again carried out by Pillir personnel to complete various aspects of testing as well as configuring the platform for deployment.
The major activities carried out in this phase are:
- Move the App to the test environment
- Test data creation
- Test App functionality which includes:
- Functional and User interface testing
- End-to-End testing
- Regression testing
- User Acceptance testing
- App acceptance: A few stakeholders review the App along with the Pillir team and provide acceptance of the App.
- Deployment: Roll out the App as planned.
The deployment setup consists of various activities such as:
- Setup rollout strategy: Pillir supports three types of App rollout which are as follows:
- OTA deployment: In this method, the App is deployed using an OTA (Over-The-Air) deployment mechanism. The App is not listed in any public domain (e.g. App Store). This method of deployment is typically preferred for a corporate or internal App. The precise steps for deployment, including the OTA link, will be shared by the Pillir team during the deployment process.
- MDM/MAM deployment: In this method, the MDM/MAM software is used to deploy the App. Pillir will work closely with the MDM/MAM software to follow the policies for deployment.
- App Store deployment: In this method, the App is available in the App Store from which it can be downloaded and installed. Although the App is available for download, it is completely secured with ID/Password protection that prevents anyone without the requisite credentials from being able to access the App data.
- Transport the App to Production: Publish and transport the App to the Production environment.
- Setup Users, Roles and More: Setup Users, Roles, and any required App database into the Production environment.
- Communication plan: Setup the communication plan to notify the Users of the new App.
The output after this phase is a Go/No-Go decision and the finalization of the rollout date.
Sequence of Events
|Test App End-to-End||Pillir|
|Deploy to End users||Pillir|
|Collaborate and provide feedback on the App||Customer|
|Fix bugs and incorporate changes as appropriate||Pillir|
|Setup deployment procedures||Pillir|